Vesey Manor was built c.1450 for Bishop Vesey, Bishop of Exeter under Henry VIII. The Manor functioned as a farm until 1896 when it was bought by Edward John Charles and converted into two dwellings. Thomas Coulborn & Sons, as the business has been known since the 1950s, was started in the mid-1930s by Thomas and Mary Coulborn. In the late 1930s they acquired Vesey Manor and established their antiques business which continues to this day. Thomas was succeeded in the business by his twin sons, Peter and Paul. In the 1970s, Paul moved away to establish his own cabinet-making business specialising in bespoke antique reproduction furniture from his workshop in Frampton-on-Severn, Gloucestershire, while Peter remained and established a highly respected business specialising in 18th Century and Regency Antique Furniture. He was instrumental in the founding of the British International Antiques Fair at the NEC and served for many years as Chairman of the Furniture Vetting Committee. Although “almost retired” Peter remains a consulting partner and a great source of knowledge and advice to the business and its clients.
Photographs from the NEC Antique Fairs: